Children's Art Classes
Course Fee: $175 All supplies included
6 weeks Studio 2 Class Dates: January 14, 21 28 Feb 4, 11, 25
Note: There is no class on Feb 18 for Family Day weekend
Make up day for a cancelled class March 4th
S2-240C: Exploring Mediums and Colour: Markers, Painting, Pastels & Pencils
Instructor: Julie Wurtele
9:30 am to 11:00 am
In this course, Julie has these young artists explore their creativity through a variety of Drawing and Sketching techniques. Through demonstration and a structured step-by-step process Julie takes teaching art with children to a whole new level as they explore and have fun with: Manga, Zentangle, Anime, Black paper skills – and so much more! A professional, high quality, fine art program, applied in ways that children understand. All supplies are included.
"Ms. Julie is an amazing teacher. She makes every child feel welcome and comfortable to express themselves, which is very important in an art class"
"My daughter likes the class so much and I have seen so much improvements in her art"
S2-241C: Drawing and Painting Fundamentals: Manga, Anime, Landscapes & Animals
Instructor: Julie Wurtele
11:30 am to 1:00 pm
In this course, Julie teaches young artists the fundamen¬tals of Drawing and Painting. Watch their creativity come alive as they enjoy Minecraft and Crazy Cat Drawing, Folk art, Outer Space and Encanto painting. They will have fun with themes such as “Who Stole my Cupcake” and “Get Ready for Ski Season”. A professional, high quality, fine art program, applied in ways that children understand. All supplies are included.
"Julie has a very good teaching style. My son loves the class so much. He has improved so much"
"My kids currently attend Julie's weekly kids class. They absolutely love this class"
See the creative art done by this class Fall 2022:Dance Of The Gnomes
About Julie Wurtele
Julie studied Fine Art in England, UK and Dundas Valley School of Art, Ontario. She regularly exhibits her work in galleries and shows across Ontario and sells her work in local stores, online, in restaurants and does many commissions. A member of Burlington Fine Arts Association, Art instructor for Oakville Art Society and Grimsby Art Gallery she also teaches online and in private and public schools. She has developed a unique teaching method using shapes and symbols children and adults can relate to, breaking the project down step by step and encouraging the development of individual styles. She believes anyone can learn to be a great artist.
In the event that the required number of registrants is not reached, we reserve the right to cancel the class up to one day prior to the starting date.
Student withdrawals, 7 days prior to class start, will be subject to a $25.00 administration fee.
Payments for classes cancelled by the OAS will be fully refunded.
Please note: Due to the nature of our operation there will be absolutely no refunds given one week before the starting date of a class.
All withdrawals must be made in writing and sent to email@example.com
The Fine Print :
- When you signup online you will receive a class confirmation emailed to you
- Registrations must be received a minimum of one week prior to class start
- Start dates are estimates only and may be subject to change.
- All students have the right to learn in a positive and creative environment. If any student disrupts the learning of others, or is disrespectful towards others, he or she will be given one warning by the instructor. In the case of a child the parent/guardian will be notified in writing by the program coordinator. Failure to correct the disruptive behaviour will result in the student's removal from the course with no reimbursement of fees.
- Payment must accompany registration. You may pay for your classes and workshops through our secure payment gateway. These are secured transactions and your credit card information is never stored. If you wish, you may ask to have a Paypal invoice sent to you.
The OAS is a registered Canadian charitable organization.
We are wheelchair accessible.