Oakville Art Society's Annual Student Show
Dates to be announced
One of the Society's most gratifying shows and open to anyone who was a student in the previous 18 months. The Oakville Art Society students exhibit some of their most successful works which have been created in the various classes during the year. This show always draws a crowd of student's family, friends and instructors and is a real inspiration to everyone.
Our 2016 Student Show Highlights
The OAS Student Show took place:
Oakville Gallery, Centennial Square June 3 to 11th
Congratulations to all OAS Students!
2016 Highlights Student Artists: Adult 18+
2016 Highlights: Student Artists Teen 12 to 17
2016 Highlights Student Show Artists: Kids 7 to 12
The Oakville Art Society invites all 2016 -17 students to submit 1 piece of art work for the 2017 Student Art Exhibition. This event celebrates the high quality of student art produced and is a wonderful opportunity for developing artists to showcase their many talents.
- Anyone who has taken any art, pottery, jewellery, photography, felting, encaustic or digital art class or workshop at the OAS since January 2016
Fee and Commissions:
- There is no fee to submit to the 2016 Student Art Exhibition
- The OAS waives any sale commission fees for students
Conditions of Entry:
- One entry per artist and must be original work
- All work must have been created during 2016 /2017
- Work cannot be bigger than 36 x 36 inches / 91 Cm x 91
- 2D Only original artwork created in oils (traditional & water-mixable oils), acrylics, watercolours, drawing, digital art and mixed media will be accepted into the show. No plagiarism please
- All 2D art pieces must be dry and hang ready (matted or framed and have hanging wire on the back of work, or it will not be considered for the show)
- 2D work must have a label attached to the back of work
- 3D work must have a label attached to the bottom of work
- 3D Ceramic work must have a smooth bottom able to lay flat on table without tipping
Delivery and Pick-up:
- Take-In: Date between 10 and 12 am at Oakville Galleries Centennial Square, 120 Navy Street, Oakville
- Any work arriving late will not be accepted
- Pick up of work following show: Date following reception or Date between 1:00 and 2:30 pm at Oakville Gallery, Centennial Square.
- There is a $10 a day charge for each work not picked up on time as it will have to be moved and stored at OAS.
- Insurance: all work is insured while on display at the Gallery.
- The OAS is not responsible for any work left after Sunday.
• Entry forms must be complete and emailed or delivered to the office by Date by 2:00 pm.
Submitted Art Work:
- The Student Art Exhibition will be on display at the Oakville Galleries Centennial Square from Date, 2017
- No entry may be withdrawn once it has been accepted.
- No additions or changes can be made to artwork.
- No work, even if sold, may be removed until the Exhibition closes
- Opening Reception and Awards Presentation: Date: 2:30 to 4:30 pm.
- Family and friends are invited to attend
- Photographs of artwork may be taken and used to promote The OAS.
- Although every effort will be taken to carefully store and display artwork, art show organizers will not be responsible for lost, stolen or damaged artwork
- We will not accept work that is deemed to be objectionable, the organizers of the art show have the right to exclude the piece of art from the art show and return it to the artist